Ever wondered what the world’s population will look like in 2100? Or whether new cars are getting more expensive over time? Or how about the most devastating plagues in history? Or why so many people seem to buy into conspiracy theories?
Yeah, me too…
Hi, and welcome to Datamentary. My name’s Jonathan and I created this channel to learn new things and share them with you. I love data visualisations, economics, psychology, and history, so you’ll find a mix of those things here depending on where my mood takes me and what Wikipedia hole I’ve most recently fallen into.
I hope you find my articles and youtube videos thought provoking and entertaining and that you comment, especially if you know more about the subject matter than I do – I figure this will happen a lot.
This is just the start of my journey, and I’d love to have you along for the ride.
If you’d like to support me, there are a few things you can do.
- I just created a Twitter account (I know, I know – bit late to the party). I promise to only post interesting things! Follow me here: https://twitter.com/LeaneJonathan
- If you have a spare couple of bucks, please consider joining my Patreon. I’d love to do this as a full time job, but at the moment I’d even settle for breaking even! I’ve set my Patreon up here: https://www.patreon.com/datamentary
- You could subscribe to my Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiqE7AFojsc6U7fqmPt2Vdg
Youtube won’t let me monetise until I hit 2000 subscribers, so there’s still a looong way to go.
- You could submit this post on Reddit, share it on FB or Twitter, etc… Really, any publicity I can get at this point would be a big help.
- And finally, if you have any requests for future topics or would like to collaborate on something, please get in touch!